With annual vehicle production forecast to increase to more than 2 million by 2020 and an estimated £6 billion worth of components sourced overseas each year, the UK is seen as an attractive location for Foreign Direct Investment. Furthermore, the trend of the UK building higher value premium vehicles will increase from 37% of manufacturing in 2010 to over 50% by 2020.
In addition, regional capabilities are broadly spread, from global suppliers of components and systems, including Aisin, Covpress, Denso, GKN, Lear, Magna and ZF TRW, through to specialist suppliers of a technology. The region has a particular strength in the area of design engineering, test and validation with Arup, AVL, MIRA, Prodrive and Ricardo all operating from the region. Changan has also elected to make Solihull in the Midlands the destination for their global HQ for powertrain R&D.
World leading universities support vehicle manufacturers and supply chain research and development in the region, boosting an established skills base.
Drive Midlands can play an important part in helping to reduce the risk for automotive businesses looking to establish or expand their presence in the UK.
We do this by:
- Locating suitable premises
- Connecting with law and accountancy firms
- Supporting with recruitment
- Identifying and developing local supply chains
- Linking to business support agencies
- Signposting to funding opportunities
- Providing case studies and data on the capabilities within the region and aligning with your business needs
- Offering a relocation service to help staff find houses, schools etc
Find out more on how we can help you, contact us now on email@example.com